A survey of theoretical approaches to ethics. Covers such topics as ethical relativism, egoism, utilitarianism, justice and moral responsibility. Consideration will be given to application of ethical matters in the contemporary world.
Personal Learning Outcomes
- Identify definitional terminology relating to ethical and philosophical concepts and apply them.
- Classify different philosophical theories of ethics and compare and contrast their strengths and weaknesses.
- Recognize ethical dilemmas and evaluate them based on philosophical theories or religious viewpoints.
- Analyze relationships of contemporary ethical practices within the context of ethical theories and viewpoints.
- Develop your own ethical theories and beliefs to justify and critique your decisions and actions in everyday circumstances.
- Deliver a presentation prepared to address a topic from a specific moral/ethical perspective.
- Demonstrate college-level writing skills by incorporating material into clear sentences and cohesive paragraphs.
- Purchase this online course and eTextbook by click "Add to Cart" in the upper right corner
- Then click "Checkout" to complete your purchase
Here is the course outline:
Welcome to your online course!
Ethics and How it Relates to Human Social Responsibilities
Individual Rights and Responsibilities
Social Rights and Responsibilities
Individual and Social Rights and Responsibilities
Lessons and Insights from a Study of Ethics
Exam on All of the Course Materials