The objective of this course is to examine the nature of communication and explore its importance in the contemporary workplace. To identify strategies and develop skills useful in developing team performance, in dealing with conflict, in analyzing verbal and nonverbal behavior, in listening and writing, and in preparing and delivering presentations.
Personal Learning Outcomes
- Define the concept of communication and its primary functions.
- Identify and explain the basic elements of communication that contribute to effectiveness in the contemporary workplace, including an analysis of workplace culture.
- Demonstrate interpersonal communication skills, including listening and verbal/nonverbal behaviors.
- Recognize essential team skills required for effective group participation, and for dealing with conflict in the workplace.
- Demonstrate skills required in preparing effective written and oral presentations.
- Deliver a presentation prepared to address a specific workplace objective.
- Demonstrate college-level writing skills by integrating material from text and Web sources into clear sentences and cohesive paragraphs in written work.
- Purchase this online course and eTextbook by click "Add to Cart" in the upper right corner
- Then click "Checkout" to complete your purchase
Here is the course outline:
Welcome to your online course!
Nature of Human Communication: Interpersonal Communication Basics
Personality and Perception, Verbal Elements of Communication
Non-Verbal, Cultural and Environmental Factors in Communication
Leadership, Strategy, Power, Politics, and Influence
Effective Group Communication: Professionalism, and Technologically Driven Communication
Exam on All of the Course Materials